The dining room. A place made for entertaining so why not make the space….entertaining. We are in the DIY world. There are plenty of things you can do to make your home reflect your interests and personality. At LeafFilter, we know decorating can be hard. Take a look at our DIY tips to help give your dining room a little more pizazz!
1. Accent Wall – A quick, simple solution to brighten up any dining room is adding an accent wall. All you need is a color you like a small can of paint. You can make this wall as subtle or vibrant as you want!
2. Updated Chairs – You’d be surprised what $20, some fabric and paint can get you! Take a trip to your local thrift shop and pick up some cool chairs, and no, they don’t even have to match! When you get home, give them some TLC – paint them and change the cushion with some funky fabric and you have yourself some chic new chairs that will surely please your guests.
3. Curtains – Believe it or not, but the type of curtains you pick can set the vibe for a room. If you want a formal feel, try long curtains that hit the ground. For a more casual, fun feel, try short curtains with a fun pattern. Curtains are the perfect solution to tie any room together. If you really want to get handy get some fabric of your own and create your own curtains. All you need is some fabric and a sewing machine. This gives you the opportunity to pick the exact pattern you want!
Tip: If you want a formal look but don’t want your curtains hang low to the ground, try tying each end and using a curtain broach to give it a formal, but relaxed feel.
4. Centerpiece – Centerpieces are a great solution to a boring plain table. Whether it’s a vase of flowers or something totally unique, a centerpiece will give your table a little flair.
Tip: Change the centerpiece to compliment the seasons. For example, for summer, use flowers in season and bright colors. For the fall and winter months, try utilizing warmer colors.
5. Collage Wall – Do you ever see cute wall art while you’re out shopping? A wall collage is the perfect place to mix and match all different types of pictures. Mix and match colors and patterns to give your wall a fun, vibrant and funky look. If you want a more formal feel, utilize pictures with more neutral colors and subtle patterns. You can even add personal photos of you own!
We know decorating is not for everyone. It can be difficult to find the exact look you’ll love for you home, but these tips can help you make some difficult decisions easier. What type of DIY projects have you worked on? Tell us about it!
For more inspiration, take a look at the LeafFilter DIY Pinterest Board!